I am back with a recap of the updates and the after pictures of our master bathroom/half bath.
Once the bead board was hung Joe finished the project by cutting and installing the chair rail and baseboards. We are so happy with how this look came together. I’d recommend the bead board to anyone trying to dress up a small bathroom. It really helped to make this small bathroom feel larger.
Flooring:
Instead of installing ceramic tile in this bathroom we researched some of the newer options with laminate tile. We ended up purchasing this 14x14 tile from Tile and Stone Warehouse in Merriam, KS. It’s purchased by the box and runs about $3.00/square foot. The great thing about this product is that it just peels and sticks to your existing flooring or subfloor. It’s thicker than your basic vynil tile so it has a higher end look.
New faucet & hardware:
In this room I wanted to go with the oil-rubbed bronze finish that we have through out the rest of the house. We purchased the new towel ring and TP holder from Home Depot. The new faucet is a Pegasus brand one that I found on the clearance rack at Home Depot for $30! What a steal!
Light fixture & Medicine Cabinet:
Purchased this at a local freight close-out place for $45! Love the timeless look of it. Much better lighting than the crummy 1950s fixture we had before. Originally I had wanted to hang a more decorative mirror in here but we ended up going with a standard style mirrored cabinet with a beveled edge. It fits perfectly between the light and chair rail.
Overall we’re really pleased with the new bathroom. Here are some pictures!
Looks great! I'm sure the new home owners will appreciate all the work you guys put into the house!
ReplyDelete