Friday, August 6, 2010

Cooking in the Kitchen!

Here is the kitchen when we bought the house. White White White!


Here it is after moving in. Just for fun – and until we got around to redoing it I painted the kitchen area a red – never really liked it. J I also put a fresh coat of paint on the cabinets.





Our plan was always to completely redo the kitchen. New cabinets, counters, even a new layout. 4 Years later we still haven’t gotten to that … so we’ve decided to make some basic updates and give it a fresh look.

Over the last two weeks we have:
  • Painted the kitchen and adjoining dining room a nice neutral gray/khaki.
  • Hung new drywall around the sliding glass door that leads to the back patio. (The paneling was destroyed installing the door).
  • Ordered new countertops for the kitchen! They should be in in another week or so.


Here is a little “mood board” I put together outlining the new finishes for the kitchen.


Coming up next – some progress pictures of the newly painted space!

3 comments:

  1. I can't remember, are you prepping to sell? If so I would consider moving your handles down to the bottom when you repaint. It will be a much cleaner and more modern look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the new look of the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seriously going to hire you guys to do some projects at my house! Can't wait to see your new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete